Early City Morning Song

 


                                                                                        Tui Photo, Courtesy of Helen Parkes

Early City Morning

Early morning on an Auckland Street
A tui sings and it’s such a treat
To hear such sounds within a city
With all its concrete which is not so pretty
As cars wiz by and I wait for a bus
I can feel the urgency that comes from us
Humans who are needing to start the day
Involving work where they have no time to play
The busyness of a city life
With all its fuss and workplace strife
Those on the bus sit silent and still
Like hospital patients who are feeling ill
But at 5am it’s hard to feel
Bouncy and enthusiastic like me
Because I heard the birds singing a lovely song
Reminding me of the countryside where I have come from
A reminder that their presence in a city is never wrong




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Farming and Permaculture-an essay introduction

A Woman's Lot in 2017!

Halloween or Beltane? It depends what part of the world you live in!